MEDIA KIT FOR JACLYN’S MUSINGS
BOOK OR PRODUCT REVIEWS
Jaclyn’s Musings is PR friendly blog owned and operated by Jaclyn Cotton. I am currently accepting books and products for review. You can contact me at email@example.com or via my Contact Me form at the right if you have an item that you would me to review. Types of items accepted are books (print and e-book), beauty items, kitchen items, bath & body items, and electronics just to name a few. If you have something you think I’d be interested in reviewing please go ahead and send me a pitch.
JACLYN’S MUSINGS SITE POLICIES
- Items should be full sized, will become the property of Jaclyn’s Musings and will not be returned
- Reviews will always be my honest opinion
- After Jaclyn’s Musings has tried out your product or read your book a review will be written and published on this site. Appropriate links will be included, but if you have any special requests for specific links please include that in the pitch.
- After the review is posted a direct link will be emailed
- Discounts or Sales that you want to provide my readers in addition to the review are welcome and are free
- Shout-outs will be provided on Facebook and Twitter once the review is live
- Reviews are free of charge
- Jaclyn’s Musings reserves the right to refuse to post a review if any of the conditions above are not met unless previously worked out prior to review acceptance.
A giveaway in conjunction with a review is a great way to increase traffic to your site while exposing Jaclyn’s Musings readers to your social media sites!
- All giveaways are free whether or not an item has been sent for review
- At the very least all giveaways must be made available to US residents while those open worldwide will have a larger audience.
- Giveaways will be advertised on various giveaway forums in addition to social media to increase exposure.
- Giveaways must be held for a minimum of one week.
- The winner will be selected via an application that uses random.org such as Rafflecopter.
- Once a winner has been selected and verified, the information will be provided to sponsor who is responsible for shipping the item directly to the winner themselves.
- There will be a limit of 2 mandatory entries for any giveaway (one for my blog, and one of your choosing for your site) and will be discussed prior to giveaway beginning
- No purchase necessary for any entries as per FTC guidelines.
- Optional entries can be ‘liking’ your Facebook page, following on Twitter, and/or subscribing to your email newsletter, etc.
- Only the action of ‘liking’ ones Facebook page may be used as part of a giveaway as per Facebook’s guidelines.
Updated as of Aug. 14, 2012
- 196 email & RSS subscribers
- 598 Twitter followers
- 400 Facebook followers
- 82 out of 100 on marketing.grader.com (formally bloggrader.com and websitegrader.com)
- 89 out of 100 on tweet.grader.com
- 185,363 page views since Aug. 2011
Find Jaclyn’s Musings Facebook page at – https://facebook.com/JaclynsMusings
Find Jaclyn’s Musings Twitter page at – https://twitter.com/jaclynsmusings
This blog is a personal blog owned, written, and edited by Jaclyn’s Musings. For questions about this blog, please contact Jaclyn’s Musings at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Me form on the right hand side.
This blog will accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, free items for the purpose of reviewing or other forms of compensation.
The compensation (currently only in the form of free products/books to review) received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All paid advertising is in the form of advertisements located in the side bars. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
The owner of this blog may be compensated in order to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for our posts or advertisements, we will always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
All content on Jaclyn’s Musings is Copyrighted with All Right Reserved. No content from any aspect of this site may be used or reproduced in part or in its entirety without permission from Jaclyn’s Musings.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Here is an explanation of the rating system that I use for my (book) reviews:
Rating system: (stars)
5 – Excellent! Can’t put it down! Fabulous product!
4.5 – Fantastic! Definitely a keeper
4 – Compelling, A page turner, Really very good product
3.5 – Very Enjoyable, very good product
3 – Enjoyable. A pleasant read, good product
2.5 – Take it or Leave it. May or may not finish, not the best product
2 – Problematic. May struggle to finish, poor product
1.5 – Severely flawed. Pass on this one, disliked product
1 – Couldn’t finish. Not my kind of book. Strongly disliked product